Friday, November 15, 2019

PLANNING: MY TARGET AUDIENCE

To plan how to reach my specific target audience I needed to know who they were and what their interests are. I researched the age, gender, ethnicity and social class of my target audience. I also found out what their media needs and wants are so that I can create a film that will satisfy them. Ultimately in order to market my movie I had to find out the best way to reach my target audience. To show how my research has helped with my planning I have answered the questions below with pictures to support. 


1. Who is my primary target audience?


Mixed audience aged 15-34 who enjoy a drama and suspense film. 



After doing some research we discovered that our audience would watch films such as the above , all these films relate to ours as they are comedies, romcoms, suspense and drama. Some of which involve a story line based on famous people struggling in the spotlight. 


2. What kind of films and television are they likely to prefer?




Research shows that our audience will be most interested in watching a film such as a Simple Favor as it has comedy and is suspenseful that is a drama/thriller. It is about Stephanie who is a single mother and Sean, Emily's husband, who are set out to discover the mystery behind Emily's disappearance, however they come across many secrets that theyweren’t expecting. 

3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information about films?

Our audience will choose to watch their films in cinemas such as the everyman so they can capture the full experience with the sound extra loud. Although they may also like to have the option of having it online after the release of the movie on places such as Netflix or Sky.




Our audience are likely to see information about films through movie posters in shopping malls, trailers and social media.

4. What brands do they prefer?




5. What makes my film stand out from the competition?


We are focusing on how famous people suffer in the spotlight and how being famous isn't as glamorous as we all dream it to be. 


. Why should my audience watch my film? 

My audience should watch my film because even though there are films that also look at the lives of famous people such as musicians, mine differentiates as it looks at the personal lives of a celebrity and how they are effected and how it effects their family. It gives an in look on the lives we are hidden from and doesn't glamorise being famous. Its a personal, emotional, suspenseful film that is a must see!

1 comment:

WELCOME MODERATOR

MORVEN MCINTYRE CANDIDATE NUMBER 1744 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL 64680 Welcome to my blog, I hope you enjoy! My production ...